torsdag 13 januari 2011

Registered for Göteborgsvarvet 2011

I don't know what has gotten into me BUT the other day I decided to register for Göteborgsvarvet in May 2011 which is a 21 km run in Gothenburg - a half marathon! I've been playing with the thought a few times before but never really thought I'd actually decide to do it. It's a very popular run so you could only register for the special charity start group, but that is even better since you donate money to a charity organisation of your choice and then you get to represent them in the run. The registration fee is higher of course but I'm just glad to be able to help and I chose to donate my money to Barncancerfonden.

Picture borrowed from www.goteborgsvarvet.com

I've never ever completed a run longer than 10 km so this will be interesting. I know I will have to do a lot of running this spring to be prepared for this event and I know it's gonna be a huge challenge for me. But I'm really looking forward to it and I want to have something to focus on. My goal is just to complete the run, I don't care if I run at a slow pace at all but I want to run the whole way through. I know I'll be so proud if I succeed and I really hope that my knees will be able for it.

If anybody feel that they want to cheer me on, feel free to come down to Gothenburg on the 21st of May! ;)

2 kommentarer:

  1. Du klarar det säkert, men imponerad blir jag ändå! Lycka till med träningen inför Göteborgsvarvet! Jag blir glad om jag i år klarar ett mil-lopp, men har ännu inte anmält mig till något.

    SvaraRadera
  2. Åh tack, lycka kan jag behöva ;) Vet inte hur jag ska klara mig runt men har bestämt mig för att det ska gå så nu gäller det bara att träna stenhårt så man är förberedd. 1 mil är långt det med, du borde anmäla dig till nåt lopp så att du har ett mål! :) Kram

    SvaraRadera