söndag 12 december 2010

Day 16 – Friends from the past

I don't know if I should call this guy a friend as such but I just have to tell you about somebody that I just recently got in contact with after 12 years. In the summer of 1998 myself and Maria went to Kos to enjoy 2 weeks in the sun. It was in the beginning of July and I remember it being really hot over there, it was around 40 degrees!

We met a lot of different people over there and had a brilliant time. One of the guys was a bar rep and I think we bumped into him one of the first days. His name was Mattias and I liked him from the start. Obviously he was working nights and didn't get off until early in the mornings but somehow we managed to get some time together anyway.

I liked him a lot I remember, I wasn't the only one though.. Therefore we ended up fighting a bit while I was over there, it's not easy being that young ;) One of the days myself and Maria went to the beach Grabbarna Grus and found Mattias and his friends there. They had a beer competition and there was a looooong row of beer bottles along the beach. After a couple of hours Mattias ended up on all four in the water puking his guts out - I didn't feel sorry for him! I think he left the island shortly after and I never really thought of him again..

..until a couple of days ago when I stumbled upon a photo of him on the web. I looked at the photo and didn't recognize him instantly but I thought it was a familiar face for some reason. After a couple of minutes I realised who it was! I sent him an email asking him if he had been working in Kos about 12 years ago. He replied back and said that I was right. In the last few days we've been talking about old memories in Kos and we both think it's such a funny coincidence. It's a small world we live in :)

Me and Mattias outside the bar Saloon Tex in Kos - July 1998

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar