fredag 3 december 2010

Day 08 – Hobbies and talents

I know for sure that I have a lot of hobbies but I'm not quite sure about my talents ;) I always had hobbies of all kinds when I was younger, but when I was in my 20's there was no time for anything other than drinking in the pubs in Dublin ;) It's only in the last few years that I've picked up some hobbies again and I must say it's a lot of fun!

One of my hobbies at the moment is singing! I joined the Sjung Nu choir a year ago and I've been with them for two semesters. I really look forward to every singing session, it is so de-stressing and I forget about everything else. At the end of each semester we organise a concert and I truly enjoy being part of these. Besides we get to meet a lot of nice artists as well :)

Another newfound hobby is scrapbooking, it's so much fun trying to create different layouts with all kinds of photos and materials. I've just completed my first photo album and now it's time to create more layouts for the next :) I get a lot of inspiration from my friend Emmeli who is absolutely brilliant at scrapbooking. I've always liked her creations but I never thought I would be able to do anything nice myself, nor did I think that I would get into it as much as I've done. But it's an absolutely brilliant way to take care of your photos (that only stays on the computer these days otherwise) and again I believe it's a very good way to de-stress.

Before the summer I bought a new camera, it's a Canon EOS 1000D and I would love to learn more about photography. I want to be able to take really good photographs so I'm determined to increase my knowledge within this area. The interest is already there and it's good to have a dad who enjoys photography as well. He gave me a book about digital photography the other day that he thinks I should read so I better start with that soon ;)

As far as the talents go, I don't really know what to say. At least when I was younger, I think I was quite talented when it came to sports. I was above average in most types of sports and I really liked winning :) I'm also gonna mention the skiing again, if I would have invested in it properly I believe for some reason that I could have become very good at it. I will never know if this is the case but for now I'm gonna believe that! ;)

If I'm really putting my mind to it I think I can do pretty well with whatever it might be. However, when I do fail with something then I find that very difficult to deal with. I think it's good for you though, it makes you even more determined to succeed the next time!

4 kommentarer:

  1. Men gums, du glömde ju vår favorithobby - stickandet! ;) <3

    SvaraRadera
  2. Repeating is believing.....sa fortsatt att tro det!! Jag har aldrig sett dig aka skidor, men jag tror absolut pa dih =)))

    SvaraRadera
  3. Little L: Ja jag vet, jag gjorde det med flit :) Måste dock boka in en dejt snart för att fortsätta! Linda: Tack söta du, jag är nog lite för feg och rädd för att bli bra på det igen. Men jag får köra järnet på skidresan ;)

    SvaraRadera
  4. O du glömde smyckestillverkning, som jag stolt vill hävda det var jag som introducerade dig till;-) Puss!

    SvaraRadera