lördag 11 december 2010

Day 15 – A favourite memory

This was more difficult than I thought it would be, how am I supposed to pick out a favourite memory!? I think I'm gonna go back to Åland and my summers there again, there are a few things that I will never forget.

We used to stay in my grandparents house and every morning me and my brother used to go out and pick strawberries in the garden that we would have for breakfast with milk and Kellogg's Rice Krispies - it was yummie :)

My grandparents when they were younger

Something I absolutely loved doing while being over there was to lay fishing nets. I was so fascinated by this and it was so exciting to go out in the morning to see if there was any fish caught in the nets. It was such an adventure and I had no problems getting up early those mornings ;) When we came back with the fish, mostly plaice and perch, I used to stay close to granddad watching him clean and gut the fish. Sometimes we used to go to a place to smoke the fish as well and I just loved the smell and it tasted so good :)

1 kommentar:

  1. That's a lovely favourite memory Katja!! =))
    We used to also spend a lot of time on Aland when we were kids and I also have some very dear memories of fishing and smoking fish! ...and Aland is very beautiful!
    xox

    SvaraRadera