söndag 28 november 2010

Day 03 – My childhood dreams

I don't remember having that many dreams when I was younger, I probably had lots of dreams but I can't recall them very well ;) Of course I was wondering about the future and thinking about what I was going to be when I grew up. I've always liked sports so many of my dreams included sports in some way.

One of my first dreams was probably one where I dreamt of becoming a professional alpine skiier. I told you previously that I went to Idre Fjäll once a year with my family and I loved going to ski school. At the end of the week there was always some type of contest and I always gave it loads ;) I recall winning a slalom contest once and I was so proud when I was called up to collect my prize afterwards! Slalom and giant slalom were my favourite skiing disciplines.

Another dream I had was to become a professional soccer player. I started playing football when I was 8 and continued on until I was about 16. During these years I played in two teams, I first joined IK Frej but later on when the girls -79 team decided to stop I joined Vallentuna BK in order to be able to continue playing. The new team was much better and we played in the top league. I had to train very hard to make sure I had a place in the team when it was time for a match. I remember these matches quite well and I managed to score quite a lot of goals :) I played as a midfielder on the left wing even though I'm not left footed. I've always been interested in soccer and it could be due to the fact that I've been growing up with my male cousins and my brother playing lots and LOTS of soccer every summer. Soccer has been a big part of our lives and we watched a lot of matches on TV as well. Naturally I also dreamt about representing the Swedish team some day. I don't know what happened but I didn't quite get there ;)

Trip to Denmark with Vallentuna BK soccer team - Can you spot me? ;)

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar