fredag 26 november 2010

Day 01 – Introducing myself

So.. I've decided to go for the 30 day challenge after all.. I reckon it's gonna be more difficult than I first thought but I think you just have to throw yourself into it so here we go - part 1:

I was born on the 20th of July 1979 at Danderyds Sjukhus and I grew up in Täby Kyrkby together with my parents and my little brother. My name is Katja Martina Tedmar and my name was quite unusual at least when I was younger and this made me feel just a wee bit special ;)

The first school I went to was located about 200 metres away from our house so I could run over to the class room in a few seconds every morning. As far as I remember I was a very happy child with no worries :) I used to play a lot with a girl called Anna who was one year younger than me and lived in the same street. Our parents used to hang out and we used to go on skiing trips to Idre Fjäll together. I think I started skiing when I was about 4 and I absolutely loved it from the first moment. We went skiing week 11 every year :)

As I grew older things got tougher, it's definitely not easy to be a teenager ;) I grew up with the skin condition eczema which caused very dry skin on my hands and in my face, especially in the winter time. Kids can be quite mean so I was bullied in school and people were whispering around me. This continued on until the age of 14 and although it wasn't fun, I think it has made me a stronger person!

Since my mam is from Åland and her family still lives there, we spent every summer on this beautiful island. We got to play with our cousins and among other things we went to the beach, cycled everywhere, played football, went fishing, played cards and other games, watched films with granddad of when we were younger and so much more! I loved spending time over there :)

I graduated from high school (Åva Gymnasium - Science Programme with Biology and Environmental studies) year 1998. My friend Maria and I had decided to go to Dublin for a year to learn English better and to get a break from the studies. We both ended up staying in Dublin for 7 years! I remember that my parents weren't too happy when I announced that I wasn't coming back when the first year was up ;)

It was a very good experience to go abroad and to manage everything yourself. Maria and I grew up quickly and at the same time we had the time of our lives :) The Irish know how to party and we made a lot of friends, most of them I still keep in contact with today and they mean a lot to me. During my years in Dublin, my eczema got worse. A lot worse actually. I went to Hume Street Skin and Cancer Hospital for a couple of years and was on quite strong medication in order to keep it under control. There were times when I just could've given up. But I didn't. When I later on had finnished college and started thinking about moving back home again, the fact that the climate over there isn't very good for my skin was a big reason as to why I decided to move back to Sweden in the end!

I've now been living in Sweden since June 2005 and I must say there's no place like home. ♥ I miss my friends in Dublin and I love going back now and again, but I don't miss living there - it was definitely the right decision to move back.

Today I'm working in Supply Chain/Customer Service as a SAP super user for order to invoice processes. I really like my job and I enjoy going into work. My colleagues make me laugh and the team is very close, we're like a big family!

I consider myself a happy, loving, caring and honest person. What you see is what you get and I can be quite emotional at times. I truly treasure my friends and family, they mean the world to me. I would never try to be anyone else, I'll always be me whether you like it or not. I'm doing the outmost to be true to myself and everyone around me and I always follow my heart!

Do what you love and love what you do ♥

3 kommentarer:

  1. Åh vad är detta för utmaning du gått med i? SPännande att se fortsättningen för jag gillade verkligen att läsa om dig det är en hel del man inte vet från förr. :) Stor Kram på dig min fina vän! ♥

    SvaraRadera
  2. tänk att lilla jag fick vara med på ett hörn!!
    älska Idre, så många fina minnen jag har därifrån: lasagne, läxstunder & första åket i sittliften utan föräldrarna

    SvaraRadera
  3. Såklart du ska vara med Anna ;) Lasagnen kommer jag ihåg skarpt jag med :) Kram!

    SvaraRadera