tisdag 2 augusti 2011

Sicily

On Tuesday we came back from Sicily and we've had an amazing week over there! The weather was gorgeous so we did a lot of sunbathing as well as visiting Etna and enjoying the lovely Italian food. F and I really enjoyed each other's company and it's definitely a trip to remember. The only bad thing was that the time flew by so it was time to go home as soon as we arrived there, well that is what it felt like. Seeing Etna close up was cool, we went up 3000 metres above sea level. The night before we arrived in Sicily, Etna had a small break out and the airport was closed, but it opened up about an hour before we were going to land in Catania so we were lucky.

On Wednesday 20th of July it was my birthday and my darling and I celebrated together :) We went to a town called Taormina that evening and had a lovely meal; smoked swordfish for starters and then I had lobster for my main course :) We've had fresh fish almost every single night and one night we went to a restaurant called Sabbie D'Oro and had tiger prawns, lobster and the local fish - it can't get any better or fresher than that!

On the day we were leaving Giardini-Naxos and Sicily we got up really early to watch the sun rise - it was beautiful. All in all I've had a great holiday with the best company!


1 kommentar: