torsdag 18 augusti 2011

Homemade muesli

Last week I finally decided to make my own muesli after thinking about it for quite some time. I browsed through various recipes on the Internet but didn't find any that I liked 100%. Therefore I decided to create my own recipe that was based on what I had at home. I must say that I'm very happy with the result and it's so much nicer than any other muesli you buy in the supermarket. I let my darling taste it last Saturday when I made him breakfast in bed and he thought it was nice but he asked for more nuts, especially hazelnuts. I will have to take that into consideration the next time I'm making a load ;)



Katja's homemade muesli


7 cups of oatmeal
1 cup of linseed
1 cup of sunflower seeds
1 cup of pumpkin seeds
1 cup of coconut flakes
1 cup of pecan nuts
1 cup of cashew nuts
1 cup of almonds
dried blueberries
raisins
dried apricots
1 teaspoon of salt
1 cup of water
1 cup of honey
1/2 cup of cooking oil

Heat the oven to 200 degrees

First you mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl except for the blueberries, apricots and the raisins. Then you add salt, water, honey and cooking oil and stir. After that you put your mix in a bigger cooking dish or a baking tray and put it in the oven for about 30 minutes. Make sure you stir often to avoid it getting burnt.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar