söndag 15 augusti 2010

56:03

Woke up this morning when my dad rang to tell me my result from last night's run. 56:03 is not bad considering the fact that it was so hot and humid last night. The first 5km went really well and I felt ok but as soon as we came to the hill at "Sofia kyrka" my energy level was declining.. Passed by a man in his 50's that had passed out along the way and by the looks of it his heart had stopped. Found out today that two people died last night and he was one of them. It's so sad and I'm thinking about the families..

Luckily I felt fine throughout the run but I couldn't go as fast as I'd hoped for, I just didn't have enough energy. I enjoyed the run very much though, it is such a brilliant event and so many people are cheering you on along the way :) One thing that pissed me off though was the fact that they had run out of cups for the water so when I had finished the run and got there to pick up a cup there was none left, people were desperate to get some water. A lot of us ended up picking up cups from the ground to be able to fill them with water. I don't think I've been sweating as much as I did last night so I needed to drink loads afterwards. My brother had started before me so we just met up afterwards and took a taxi home, he beat my time of course (got 53:31).

Next year both of us will have to go for a time under 50 ;)





Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar